Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 21-07-2007 , 03:00 PM
Subscriber
yea real nice work. I like the lighting and texturing especially. my only crit is maybe on the thrown room add a bit more glow on the white windows. Since they have no backgrounds I think it'll help show the intensity of the sunlight blocking out the background. Although since you didn't work with the lighting I don't know if it applies to you.
and btw Did you use any displacement maps for any of the brick work or are they mostly bumps? they are impressive.

Last edited by danotronXX; 21-07-2007 at 03:03 PM.
# 17 21-07-2007 , 05:56 PM
very nice work tweetytunes - i especially like the dungeon scenes.

sorry again that this all fell through mate.

# 18 22-07-2007 , 06:10 AM
by the way - thanks for the tree tut - i need to make a coconut tree, so this is spot on! user added image

# 19 22-07-2007 , 11:12 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by danotronXX
yea real nice work. I like the lighting and texturing especially. my only crit is maybe on the thrown room add a bit more glow on the white windows. Since they have no backgrounds I think it'll help show the intensity of the sunlight blocking out the background. Although since you didn't work with the lighting I don't know if it applies to you.
and btw Did you use any displacement maps for any of the brick work or are they mostly bumps? they are impressive.

The white windows were there because we had not made the backgrounds. We did do a test video with the throne room with a back ground in it but we did not like it and planned on a new one.

Believe it or not, those images were rendered in Maya software and is only a bump on it.

# 20 24-07-2007 , 07:13 AM
Subscriber
I love the lighting! How many lights did u used per scene?

Did you used technology based lighting like....physical sky, Final Gather, Global Illumination etc.

Do you considered using technology based lighting as cheating?

Can you show a wireframe of the scenes with the lights in it just so we know where you place them?

Thanks.

# 21 24-07-2007 , 09:05 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tvholicjames
I love the lighting! How many lights did u used per scene?

Did you used technology based lighting like....physical sky, Final Gather, Global Illumination etc.

Do you considered using technology based lighting as cheating?

Can you show a wireframe of the scenes with the lights in it just so we know where you place them?

Thanks.

Plz read the first post - I know the images are nice but there is also some words there. I`m sorry but I feel bad because I can`t help you

Last edited by tweetytunes; 24-07-2007 at 01:50 PM.
# 22 24-07-2007 , 12:38 PM
Looks good man, shame it went the way it did.

Juse been getting into buliding modeling myself.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 23 24-07-2007 , 01:48 PM
Subscriber
to be honest I really got in to it.

We took on some one to build the backgrounds but the first model me made was just a mess (what is it with max users and a million triangle lines coming from one point on a flat surface) so my boss asked me to have a go at building the backgrounds as I had gotten a lot of the characters built by that point. I had also just done that dreadnought tut and my Grimlock at that point so had gottern used to hard edge moldering a bit as well. I think thats the area I want to get into more is the digital set