Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-07-2003 , 04:56 AM

Simple Question...

Hello everyone, so far today i am new to both maya and this forum and I must say that the free videos help sooo much. Ok now for the question... I am modeling a car through reference pics and was wondering once i create the cube and shade it how do i make it somewhat transparent in order for me to see my reference pics inorder to get the details correct, if can't see I am kinding doing it blind, hopefully i posted enough details to maybe explain what i mean....

Thanks everyone that replysuser added image

# 2 11-07-2003 , 05:19 AM
Sorry fellas heres is an example of what i was asking... i got this picture off mtmckinley.com.....Hopefully this will help you understand what i am asking

Attached Images
# 3 11-07-2003 , 05:59 AM
well you could go into the hypershade, and click on the shader that is assigned to your object. (by default it will be lambert1). Then in the attribute editor you should see slider marked transparency. Slide this around to your liking.

hope that helps

________

- Jacob
# 4 11-07-2003 , 06:01 AM
Subscriber
Try this

Right klick on your cube and go to materials-material attributes

and under common material attributes you have transperency.

Then just drag the handle for how much transperency you need

# 5 11-07-2003 , 06:04 AM
THANKS!!!! this is great! Thanks for the help i am suprised the answers were so quick... This jus goes to show I am the newest noobie user added image

# 6 11-07-2003 , 11:01 AM
Subscriber
You could also try going to shading/shade options/xray which gives a jolly see through look and can be quickly toggled on and off. I picked that up from Mike's rigging tutorial and use it a lot now.