Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-01-2005 , 03:51 PM
Subscriber

Newb maya help

Im a student needing some urgent help with maya, im trying to model a horse/unicorn and im not sure what the best way to go about doing this is, id be greatful if anyone knows of any tutorials of this nature or could possible reccommend any decent books, bearing in mind that my maya skills are some what basic! Ive a attached a pic of my unicorn so far but im really not happy with it, so any advice on how to make it better would also be appreciated!

cheers peeps

..Bill..
# 2 14-01-2005 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber
Have you already viewed some the modelling tutorials on this site? They're a good place to start. Additionally, since you'll probably be using a drawing for reference you want multiple views. Front and side at least.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 14-01-2005 , 07:08 PM
Kurt has a dragon tutorials here. I'd imagine the process is pretty similar. Might wanna check it out.

user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....