Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 08-06-2004 , 08:58 AM

Dual Monitor problem

Hey peeps

I got envious from all the talk about dual display in another forum so I added my Voodoo 2 PCI card to my current IBM netvista PC

now it had a beta driver only to be regarded by the Windows 2000 as a secondary display driver, otherwise it'll be viewed as a normal 3d card

so I got the beta driver, installed the card in a free PCI slot, booted the machine, installed the driver all is well, no conflicts, windows see it and handles it as a secondary display card and all, and I can extend the desktop on it, only roblem is the monitor doesn't get any data feed from the voodoo 2 card, it's as if it's only plugged in the power with no signal at all

so any suggestions, did any of you guys face a similar problem???

thanks in advance

look into my avatar, and when you feel sleepy start sending me money

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.
# 2 10-06-2004 , 04:19 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, the Voodoo 2 was strictly an add-on card. I seem to remember having to use a loop back cable from my V2 card to my TNT 1 card. That is probably why you're not getting any video signal. Ohhh hardware nostalgia user added image

# 3 10-06-2004 , 09:32 PM
I have lots of problems with my duals.. but not samehardware. and different problems.

# 4 11-06-2004 , 01:08 PM
Thanks for your replies guys

Cookieman what you say is true in the case of using it as a 3D accelrator card, but you can also use it as a secondary display card too, but only with a beta version of it's driver, it's a shame they stopped making the voodoo series, IMO they were the best, I never saw better anti aliasing in my life

Twisteddragon what H/W do you have and what problems do you face?

I don't suffer from stress, I'm a carrier.