Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-05-2012 , 08:37 PM

create polygon tool problem

Hello everyone

I'm starting in maya and i want to pass a image that i created in corel draw to a 3D compose by modeling.
In the tutorial from official maya's chanel on youtube said i have to take two images in diferent perspectives, one in front and other one in side, i already done it, but when i going to use the "crate plygon tool" to pass over the image the polygon is drown in the center of the like z:0 and y:0 and i want he polygon appear over the image. how i do?

# 2 14-05-2012 , 09:03 PM
The thin red line
Yes the create polygon tool will zero out in z and y it has no sence of depth what you need to do is off set your image so it behind zero, I hope this make sence .........dave

Edit:I would not use this tool in perspective

Last edited by daverave; 14-05-2012 at 09:14 PM.
# 3 14-05-2012 , 10:26 PM
Well, depending on the version of maya you have you can use the interactive polygon creation mode. They added it in 2010 (I think). Go to the create menu>polygon and at the bottom check the box "interactive creation".

If you do not have this option then you are using a version of maya before they added it. In this case Maya creates a unit primitive at the origin (0,0,0). You will then just have to create, then drag the primitive into a starting position manually.

-Rick

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675