Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-09-2012 , 05:26 PM
Subscriber

DD downfall

# 2 07-09-2012 , 08:41 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well its one of those things. Looking at it as whole the CEO John Textor didnt do himeslf any favours I dont think in recent months, just google some of the things he has said..etc etc. Not well liked from them.

The closure of the florida base was unfortunate, also weird as yesterday I saw they were looking for modelers and lok dev/texture artists. I feel for the employees, I was told today that alot of them were European and had dug up roots to pursue the lifestyle in the US.
anyway lets hope they can recuperate the losses by 2014 and get people back to work.

Jay

# 3 11-09-2012 , 07:26 PM
Administrator

On Tuesday, Digital Domain said it had agreed to sell its production business -- the bulk of the company -- for $15 million to private equity fund Searchlight Capital Partners.

The bankruptcy is a black eye for Florida state and local officials who committed $135 million to subsidize the construction of a state-of-the-art studio in Port St. Lucie, which the company closed last week.

Digital Domain shares traded on the over-the-counter market for 11 cents on Tuesday, down 80 percent from Monday's close of 55.4 cents on the New York Stock Exchange, and far from a peak of $9.16 on May. 1.

https://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88A0CH20120911

This story is just getting more and more unpleasant, in addition to the people who lost their jobs I really feel for the taxpayers of Florida and other investors on this awesome venture.