Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-12-2007 , 09:58 PM

Light Flicker

I can't stop my lights from flickering does any know the problem ?

Bill Harris
# 2 10-12-2007 , 11:23 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I know the problem and the solution............ buy better lightbulbs LOL
But serious i think you have to ellaborate a bit more; what kind of light, which renderer have you animated anything etc etc

# 3 10-12-2007 , 06:34 PM

flicker

Thanks for the help!

I think it might be a glow flicker not a light flicker. Here is what I have done. The light is a spot light with applied fog, rendering with Maya software render, production quality, raytracing is turned off. For the bulb itself the material is anisotropic with glow intensity set to .757. I did a render diagnostic and the diagnostic told me that the shader glow node needed to be turned off. I did and I still get the same result. I just need to make a material glow I don’t have to use “glow intensity” any suggestions?

Thanks Again,

Bill Harris

Last edited by Harris; 10-12-2007 at 06:39 PM.
# 4 11-12-2007 , 07:34 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
You could use incandessence on the glowwire for a bit of glow.

# 5 11-12-2007 , 09:49 AM
Thin its the Auto exposure in the shader glow material, have a look in the hypershade for the default shade rglow material and switch off the auto exposure, I think you will have to have a fiddle with the settings of the glow but thats it I think

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 13-12-2007 , 10:02 PM
Thanks but I'm still getting the flicker.

Bill Harris