Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 20-01-2005 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber

reflections

hi, is there a way to make an object not reflect certain things?

Eg. i have water and two boxes above it. how can i make the water only have a reflection of one box?

# 2 20-01-2005 , 04:58 PM
turn off visible in relections and refractions in the render stats of the shape node.

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 20-01-2005 , 05:29 PM
Subscriber
thanks alot for the help it worked fine user added image

Matt

# 4 21-01-2005 , 02:25 AM
I found my issues exactly the oposite -- remember that 1) You cannot mass-set "visible in reflections/refractions" to my knowledge (gotta set it 1 at a time) and 2) Seems to default OFF with most shaders except phong/phong E if I remember correctly. So -- if raytracing doesn't work as planned, check "visible in reflections/refractions" are set the way you want for EACH object.

# 5 21-01-2005 , 09:50 AM
not true. Select all the objects you want to change and use the spreadsheet editor to change lots at once. Also visible in reflection and refractions is on by default for every object,

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB