Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-06-2006 , 02:24 AM

Coloring Polygons

I used the sculpt geometry tool and made quite a peace of "art" lol trust me its not that good. But I was wondering if i could color it w/o apply a texture just in maya like a paintbrush or something. I want to make it a colorful fish type thing. It weird o.o' but much apreciated if someone could help user added image

# 2 13-06-2006 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber
You can probalby use paint FXs. Press number 8 on your keyboard. For some reason, everytime I press that, it crashes my computer. :/

# 3 13-06-2006 , 04:32 PM

Originally posted by Anhslaught
You can probalby use paint FXs. Press number 8 on your keyboard. For some reason, everytime I press that, it crashes my computer. :/

i just asked this question down in the rendering section. i would like to use PaintFX but i only want a "flat" paint.. like in MS PAINT..something to paint onto a surface without it being 3D...maybe i just dont know what setting it is... is that confusing or did i make sense? thanks!