Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-06-2003 , 01:12 PM

rotate point

Hi all,

How do I pick a point to rotate an object from. Whenever I want to rotate anything Maya always chooses a default point. I also want to pick the rotate plane so I can rotate something on an angle. Any suggestions?

# 2 19-06-2003 , 01:15 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly, just hit the "insert" key and move the pivot to where you want the center of rotation to be, then hit "insert" again.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 19-06-2003 , 06:02 PM
As NitroLiq suggested, move the pivot where you want to rotate about. To rotate something on an angle you could group the object to itself. That'll create another transform node. Now you can choose your rotation plane or angle from the group node and then rotate the actual object inside the group. Hope that made any sense user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!