Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 20-05-2004 , 06:42 PM
What kind of interaction do you have with other players other than making teams to fight the big ones?

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 32 21-05-2004 , 03:11 AM
The Maya Mountain
Aside from chat, super groups (aka guilds), trading items, the teaming up to fight baddies is about it.

# 33 21-05-2004 , 07:27 AM
Subscriber
Which server do you play on Mike? I used to be a SWG's junkie, and now I picked up City of Heroes and have been playing on the "infinity" server.

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 34 21-05-2004 , 12:46 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'm on Virtue. user added image

# 35 21-05-2004 , 12:51 PM
Have on of you guys tried the FFXI MRPG? Heard it's cool but a hassle to configure and log on to each time. I agree with np also in that if I pay for a game, I don't want to pay also for a monthly service. It's even worse for folks who want to do the ps2 online (like with the new syphon filter) as you have to buy all this extra crap for it (HD, Modem, etc).

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 36 21-05-2004 , 01:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
I haven't tried it, but a friend of mine did. He seemed to like it ok, and while I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, it didn't really appeal to me.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the costs. Still, I can understand why a subscription fee is needed. Afterall, they've got servers that need to be maintained and all of that, but also, the development team is still working on the game producing content for add-ons and expansions and so on.

Word is that a big patch is coming on next month, adding 2 new city areas as well as 3 or 4 more super villians (and their chain of command baddies). According to the info, we can expect that kind of "free" (as in, you don't have to buy a expansion piece of software) updates at least 3 times a year. Plus the afore mentioned comic book... comic books these days are usually in the $3-4 range now, so if you exclude that in the cost, the fee turns closer to $10 a month.

I don't know, this one seems like a better deal compared to many others I've seen. Of course, time will tell.

Plus, it's fun, unlike a lot of other MMOGs. lol

# 37 21-05-2004 , 03:10 PM
The Maya Mountain
Visited a new area last night. user added image This is an area of the city that was hit by a major earthquake caused by a super villian named Faultline.

user added image
user added image
user added image

# 38 21-05-2004 , 06:32 PM
I think the monthly fee is probably more worth it for this game thatn for others, I just wish I didn't had to pay $50 just to "try" the game for a month and being at risk of never playing again. You know, I could play with 4 months with only $60, that sounds quite fine, being that I usualy don't play a game that long (will beat it in alot less ttime than that) and they all cost about $50 (usually).
Dammit! Mike and his screenshots are bringing me this close *shows fingers a centimeter apart* to buy the game. Must.. not.. fall.. to temptation....
Hey, other than the 1 month included with the game, is there any other key/serial or anything nesesary to install/register the game for the first time (or for a second time)? Because it ocurs to me that maybe I could buy a used game for cheap maybe at ebay or something, and then just pull out my credit card to pay the $15 for the first month. If I can find it cheap enough I think that would be worth it (say for example $5+$15, makes my trial month only $20 instead of $50). But what I don't know is if I can start a new acount with a used game.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

# 39 21-05-2004 , 08:59 PM
The Maya Mountain
i think that should be ok. Your account is something you log into through the game. I could, for example, log into and play as my character on someone else's game.

# 40 21-05-2004 , 09:08 PM
But you don't need any key to "create" an account at first?

# 41 21-05-2004 , 09:55 PM
I'm reading the PlayNC knowledge Base and they say I need a 20 digit code from the box to add a game to my account, and onbviusly that code can be used only once, and so then I can't get a used game like I sugested above user added image not fair....

# 42 22-05-2004 , 06:49 AM
Funny thing Mike, NCsoft just released another game called Lineage II (im more in to the old "kill a dragon" thing).. I play that, but have been looking at COH aswell.. looks cool, and NCsoft really provide the player with eyecandy of graphics !

I really like their almost manga style .. check it out at www.lineage2.com

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 43 22-05-2004 , 02:33 PM
The Maya Mountain
Yeah, I know about Lineage II. Can't say I'm too interested at the moment. Maybe later.

# 44 09-06-2004 , 07:48 PM