Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-06-2004 , 11:27 AM

particleShape node worldCentroid problem

completed the Candle Flame tutorial from the ****** Workshop site, and have difficulty with the following instruction:

"You will want the point light to move around with the flame, so connect the WorldCentroid attribute of the particleShape node to the Translate vector of the Point light."

I tried doing this in the Connection Editor, but when I load the particleShape node it does not list "worldCentroid". I then looked this up in the Help and it says: "The worldCentroid attribute consists of worldCentroidX, worldCentroidY, and worldCentroidZ You can use compound attributes with MEL commands such as setAttr."

I tried creating an expression like:
pointLight.translateX = particleShape.worldCentroidX;
but this gives an error.

would love to get some help on this!

Also, to make the pointlight flicker, what is the best method:
1. expression for the light's intensity; or
2. mapping an image sequence to the light color; or...?

A conscious power has drawn the plan of life...
# 2 02-06-2004 , 02:01 PM
You need to display the non-keyable attributes in the connection editor (under left display menu) to list that worldCentroid.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 03-06-2004 , 11:20 AM
thank you for the help - much appreciated!

A conscious power has drawn the plan of life...