Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 12-05-2005 , 06:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pure_Morning
[B]well 10-12 at work.... and then a whole bunch more when I get home... I used to be able to do it but nowadays.. I'm old and bitter and jaded user added image

well you are simply your avatar image....could you please answer my previous posted questions?

# 32 13-05-2005 , 08:26 AM
Sorry dragonhawk I didn't see your questions:

u use only one colour map right?

Colour Bump and Spec all at 4096x4096

is it image based lighting?

Yes, in mental ray .

textures u used photoshop??with wacom tablet?

yes and yes. After I'm done with this I'll post the scene file with all of the textures (at low res) etc etc so people can have a look at how slapdash my work is user added image

user added image
alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 33 13-05-2005 , 02:29 PM
thx a lot for the info...cause i model a droideka and wanted to make it seem as realistic as possible so i wanted to know if u use hdri in ibl.....thx and is that avatar an image of you?

# 34 13-05-2005 , 02:44 PM
Subscriber
lol, i'm guessing Little Britain has not been showed outside the uk. Thats a character called Andy from a comedy show everyone in the uk seems to love at the moment called little britain. Check it out here --> https://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/

Last edited by ckyuk; 13-05-2005 at 02:46 PM.
# 35 13-05-2005 , 03:11 PM
it's not me but I know a few people in this industry that look a little like that user added image user added image

The HDRI stuff is all very simple stuff, it's a really bad idea to do what I'm doing (lighting the thing when it's on a black background). I need to get it into an environment of some description to really finish it off.

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 36 13-05-2005 , 06:20 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Pure

Sweet model. Its a cool design too that youve chosen, Feng has some great stuff on his site.

One thing I was a little dismayed at your use of 'how slapdash your work is'. Come now, a TD, slapdash? Surely not.

Later

_J

# 37 07-03-2006 , 03:01 AM
Hey man I love this Feng piece. You did an excellent job bringing it to life.

I'm also modeling a Feng Zhu concept at the moment and was hoping you could share any advice to help me get it to a higher quality of render like yours ( I do intend to texture it but im struggling with render set up and shader setup right now).

Id be stoked to give this feng concept as much justice as you did with yours.

My WIP: https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20529

Last edited by BRUTICUS; 07-03-2006 at 03:05 AM.
# 38 07-03-2006 , 04:08 AM
BRUTICUS! Long time no see. WTF is happening man! (oops, sorry for the hijack Pure user added image ) You still at that game company? (of which I can never remember the damn name! LOL! )

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 39 07-03-2006 , 04:16 AM
Yo whatsup Dave! I thought I might bump into you here. I never see you on MSN anymore. Yeah i'm working at DICE now. Working on the Battlefield2 franchise! You know I love them shooters. Hit me up on MSN.

Lemme know how MIA is, your latest projects and where you're working etc...