Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-10-2004 , 02:53 AM
Subscriber

2 questions

Hello all!

I have 2 questions which don't have anything to do with each other, but i did,nt want to make 2 new posts.

1) I went to a college fair today in my area and there was not a lot there as far as graphics is concerned. One college in peticular caught my eye and that was Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) I was just wondering if anyone new any info on SCAD, is it a good school for 3d etc.

2) I love to do graphic art. From Adobe to Maya I love it. However, I want to create my own original characters in Maya, but my problem is a can't draw. I can sortof imagine what I want, but I just can't get it onto paper. For instance I noticed most of the artists here are Simply Maya can draw exceptionally well. I can't draw at all though. My question is can drawing be taught? I would love to learn. Any advice tips tricks would help.

Thanks

# 2 01-10-2004 , 03:37 AM
The Maya Mountain
I know a couple people from SCAD. It's definitely a good school, although very expensive.

Most art schools like SCAD also have more traditional art courses, so maybe that could help you out.

# 3 02-10-2004 , 08:27 PM

Re: 2 questions

Originally posted by Der Kaiser
2) I love to do graphic art. From Adobe to Maya I love it. However, I want to create my own original characters in Maya, but my problem is a can't draw. I can sortof imagine what I want, but I just can't get it onto paper. For instance I noticed most of the artists here are Simply Maya can draw exceptionally well. I can't draw at all though. My question is can drawing be taught? I would love to learn. Any advice tips tricks would help.

Thanks

The simple answer... learn!

Some people naturally have a good eye when it comes to drawing, everyone else (inc. me) can learn.

Think of this: It takes 10,000 bad drawings before to get to the really good ones.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....