Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-11-2004 , 08:57 PM
Subscriber

xp or below?

i have a question. are most of u guys using windows xp or below.
cause every now and then i hear about images being too dark or not looking right. i was checking out a pic i made in maya today in school on a 98 computer and it did appear dark and not right looking. but on my computer with xp it appeared just fine.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 2 08-11-2004 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
I doubt it has anything to do with windows, your school monitors are either really old or the brightnes settings need to be turned up.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 3 08-11-2004 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
yeah i can't really see your I.T. teacher going round setting up all the monitors in the school. (plus students mess with them)

# 4 08-11-2004 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
well i dont see how the brightness of the pic itself has anything to do with a monitor. the monitor only can brighten up how well u see the pic. the pic could still be wrong even if u did brighten up the monitors.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 5 08-11-2004 , 10:52 PM
It has everything to do with it. There is a whole science of tuning a monitor, there are devices that costs thousands of $ of just tuning the colors on monitors. For example I have a dual monitor set up, and pictures on my old IBM 17" are way too dark and looks like crap.

# 6 09-11-2004 , 11:48 AM
Subscriber
I notice a massive difference is picture quality when i actually set this monitor up properly instead of using default values. Only it takes ages to do.