Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 07-01-2005 , 06:22 PM
The 2nd one looks correct though the extrusion is kind of deep. What do you mean the lines stay normal?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 17 08-01-2005 , 12:29 PM
To me it looks like your face are not kept together for some reason. PM me your file (in .ma if you're on maya6) and i'll have a look at it...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 18 08-01-2005 , 02:44 PM
Well if i send it with pm you could probably not download it since you can't see my screenie neither so i attached it :s the tool setting is on keep faces togheter so i don't think that is the problem ?

The problem with the second "The lines stay normal" is with the lines that go over the entire cilinder they keep going straight.

Attached Files
File Type: mb apache_1.mb (56.7 KB, 190 views)
# 19 08-01-2005 , 04:30 PM
It's a maya 6 file. You have to save it as a maya ascii file (.ma) for kb or myself to look at it.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 20 08-01-2005 , 05:24 PM
Ok here it is in .ma

Attached Files
File Type: ma apache.ma (69.4 KB, 169 views)
# 21 08-01-2005 , 06:26 PM
You have created the problem earlier as you have most likely done all of the previous extrusions with the "keep faces together" off. This has created a lot of "invisible" faces all over your model as you can see in the attached image. As you're in the beginning of the tute, the easiest way to fix this is propably to delete the whole thing and start from scratch... with the "keep faces together" on user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 22 08-01-2005 , 06:26 PM
Oops, forgot the image...

Attached Images

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 23 08-01-2005 , 06:38 PM