Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-02-2005 , 03:21 AM

Selecting tools

For some reason I can not use the mouse to select any of the tools on the left side of the screen. Such as the lasso Tool, move tool, rotate tool, scale tool, soft modification tool etc . . .

I know that I can get to the move tool by pressing "w" but I don't know the hot keys for the others.

It's wierd because I had this problem before, then I updated my mouse driver and it was fine, now all of a sudden it's stopped working again, I don't get it :/

If it helps I have Maya PLE thanks.

# 2 01-02-2005 , 05:11 AM
The Maya Mountain
I don't get it either, but the hotkeys are Q, W, E, R, T, Y for most of those tools. The lasso doesn't have a hotkey that I'm aware of.

# 3 01-02-2005 , 05:30 AM
ok thanks :/

I guess I'll try reinstalling the driver for the mouse

Also one more question, I'm really new to Maya, so new I only have Maya PLE user added image

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a really good basic modeling tutorial. I've done several tutorials on alias' website but I still need to work on modeling thanks!

# 4 01-02-2005 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber
Just remember that the hotkeys dont work when the caps lock is on....

# 5 01-02-2005 , 05:48 AM
Subscriber
Just in case...

You don't have a table and a mouse by any chance. I'm often confounded when I leave my stylus on the pad and switch to the mouse only to discover that the computer doesn't seem to like conflicting inputs. Go figure...

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 6 01-02-2005 , 06:05 AM
ok it's working now, I just rolled back the driver, planning on reinstalling the new one, after I restarted the computer I figured I'd try it just in case . . .

I guess Maya PLE just gets bored with the same ol driver and wants a change from time to time. It doesn't make any sense to me lol. I really need a full version of maya >.<