Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-05-2005 , 02:39 PM
Subscriber

Wacom pen tablet

I use a wacom tablet with maya now and have all 3 buttons asigned for left middle and right mouse buttons.
Does any else use a pen and how have you got it set?

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 2 11-06-2007 , 06:28 AM
I'm trying to use my wacom tablet but I don't have a button assigned as 'right' so I can't track my scenes

HELP! I don't know how to do this!

# 3 11-06-2007 , 08:40 AM
Subscriber

wacom

hi dude all you need to do is open the wacom control panel and set the bottom finger switch to "middle mouse click" in the drop down list and the top button to "right click" from the drop down list.

good luck

# 4 11-06-2007 , 08:45 AM
god thanks! that was so easy I didn't even know the preferences were there!

this has made such a difference!

keep in touch with any tips + I will too - haven't ben able to find a single maya / tablet user on another forum I post on!!

# 5 11-06-2007 , 08:59 AM
Subscriber
Well I have been using the pen for 8 years or so now and I cant draw with a block, I mean mouse it just doesn't feel natural.
It will feel odd to start with but you must stick to it and you will not go back. I think the only app I use where I need to use the brick I mean mouse is DAZ Studio, the pen seems too sensitive for it. haven't found a way to change it yet.

# 6 11-06-2007 , 09:03 AM
I've been using it with 2D for a while and now I get very frustrated with a mouse, even for DTP at work!

overly used to it already - it's just the controls really, as this is my first time using maya too I don't have to worry about the transition!

I'm teaching myself and it's slow going but there you go!

# 7 13-06-2007 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber
Ived got a Tablet myself, though ived never ever tried or ever think to try it in maya :p