Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-05-2005 , 11:45 PM

Label on a bottle

Hello everyone, I'm having issues generating something incredibly simple. A label on a bottle.

Not I applied a layered texture to my bottle, the Label is being added to the bottle through a lambert and the bottle is a Phong E. And the texture (A ,tif with an alpha channel) is attached to the Lamberts Color and Transparency RGB. I've attached the MayaAscii file if you want to take a look.

The problem I'm having is when everything is attached to the Layered Texture and applied to the bottle, the label doesn't show up, even when I render it out the label doesn't appear.
I'm also attaching the Label itself so you can see the label itself.

I don't know why this isn't working, I've added labels onto objects before....

edit: okay, since the attachment has vanished, here's a Link to the project file. Here's the image, as a .gif Right here It's a much crappier version, so that it's not as large.

Last edited by ashex; 10-05-2005 at 11:50 PM.
# 2 11-05-2005 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber
I am not really an expert on texturing (or an expert on anything for that matter) but is there a order button or something that may be making the bottle texture overlap the label one?

# 3 11-05-2005 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 12-05-2005 , 06:44 AM
Thanks for the PDF! I don't have much time to go through it right now (writing a paper). I've skimmed through it a little and it looks like this will work.

Thanks again!

# 5 12-05-2005 , 02:36 PM

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 12-05-2005 , 08:24 PM
thanks! that did the trick for me! I just didn't have the out Alpha linked to the RGB transparencies correctly among other things.

Thanks again!