Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-06-2005 , 11:14 PM

mud?

how do I make mud? I used a fluid container and filled it half way with fluid. I made a ball that moves to collide with it. It works, but no matter what I try, the fluid ssems to constantly want to creep upwards to fill the box. ive adjusted density, gravity, etc etc and nothing seems to work. I just want to be able to 'throw' the ball into the fluid and make it affect it as if it were mud. Also, when the ball interects with it it doesnt 'move' the fluid, it just seems to cut out a perfect hole in the shape of the ball. Any help would be nice, thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

Fall down seven times, get up eight...
# 2 09-06-2005 , 11:15 PM
and after some interaction...

Attached Thumbnails

Fall down seven times, get up eight...
# 3 10-06-2005 , 02:18 PM

Mud

Hello,

maybe you find this useful:

Goto digital-tutors.com site
Look in the latest 10 free lessons, simulating softsurfaces with fluids.

(I'm not able to put the link here, it allways got blanked-out, why I don't know?!)

Good luck!

Last edited by alexkemp; 10-06-2005 at 02:29 PM.