Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 28-06-2005 , 06:01 AM
Subscriber

Spitfire or Apache Tute

Hey all, I haven't yet purchased a video tutorial before but Simply Maya seems to have some cool stuff.
I saw the Apache and Spitfire tutes and was hoping someone who has them could help answer my question.

I wanted to know if either of them show ways of making a sky, atmosphere, clouds for example as well as teh modelling and texturing.

I hope to get both eventually (when I save a little bit more) but for now really want one that goes into making a bit of the enviroment as well.

I'd appreciate any help thanks.

# 2 29-06-2005 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber
I havent done the Spitfire, but the apache definitely shows you how to do part of what you are asking. If you download the finished movie you will see..

https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=95

+++EDIT+++++ After reading your question again, I think it wont answer most of your questions.. The animation doesnt have clouds, atmosphere etc, its mainly rendered against a backdrop

Last edited by uberstonks; 29-06-2005 at 12:12 AM.