Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-12-2005 , 01:16 PM

maya shutdown

Hi there, I put maya to one side over the xmas period, and yesterday when I booted it up again, I cant get into the program. I don' get an error meassage, it just starts loading up and when it looks as though it si getting ready ot opoen up fully it just goes off and shows my desktop. Tried re-installing, Strange, any ideas?

# 2 12-01-2006 , 05:58 PM
does it actually open then close?

# 3 12-01-2006 , 10:11 PM
Lifetime Member
try going to MyDocuments and deleting the User Preferences.mel
If you are worried about losing it ,make a copy and save it somewhere.
This might cure it.

# 4 13-01-2006 , 05:39 PM
I had the same problem... like CLOPPER says.. it just opens.. then, when the main window tries to appear,.. it's gone
also running in xp

jsprogg: thanks alot but... didn't work...
doe anybody have another idea how this may have been occured?
thannk

# 5 17-01-2006 , 08:56 PM
I guess i tried everything now... pff.. I have this maya 7 running on a windows 2000, and it works perfectly... now.. a few days ago I installed it on a Windows XP home edition...

and there maya just stops running while starting up.. again without any error messages user added image

-I tried to set up the compability with win 2000... nothing

-I tried to let maya run under 256 colors.. there it starts up but the image view doesn't work..( if i render something, it renders it, so it means it is there, but I can't see anything)

is this XP typical issue..

system:- 64 mb graphics ( intel)
-3 ghzprocessor
-1 gig ram

# 6 25-01-2006 , 05:52 PM
I'm having a similar problem: When i start Maya (PLE 7.0.1), the splash screen shows up and loads the program, then it crashes to desktop popping up the standard windows error for when a program crashes.. (The error report thing). I'm running Windows XP pro Norwegian on an amd 1,3 GHz cpu / 1GB ddr ram / radeon 9600 pro.

Any suggestions for a solution? user added image

Edit: It starts in 256 colors but persp view is all black. How can i fix the problem so i don't have to run it in 256 colors?

Last edited by KjeXz; 26-01-2006 at 10:02 AM.