Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 31-01-2006 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber
I'm afraid ExxonMobil have invaded almost every country, because ExxonMobil is the parent company of Esso.

Think about that next time you give them your money. user added image

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 32 01-02-2006 , 07:39 PM
Okay user added image

I mean those yellow and thin flashes which come out of the machine guns of the plane that follows the other one (second sample video). The yellow flashes are machine gun shots in my opinion.
And I'd like to know how you did them. user added image
To clarify my intention I painted a very high complicated picture user added image
user added image

# 33 01-02-2006 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
I'de like to know how you did that picture!

user added image

No, seriously, I was interested in that as well.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 34 02-02-2006 , 12:11 AM
Sorry for not posting any replys, internet broke down at my office last night... I'll post an update on the sequence tomorrow...

FubaR: The tracers are quite simple. I've got two small but long nurbsplanes with a yellow painted streak and glow. The planes are then instanced by two directional emitters that also have a second smoke emitter attached. When they are renderd I applyed a wave filter in AFX to bend them! Hope that made sense?

Tim_LIVID: I had a look at your ship and I think it looks great! A lot of hard modelling has been put into that! Keep it up! I've always been interested in old ships, so i'll keep an eye on your thread! user added image

/Chris

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 35 02-02-2006 , 09:55 AM
Subscriber
That's nice of you to say mate, don't forget. If you ever need a modeller at Team17 just gimmie a shout.

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 36 02-02-2006 , 03:56 PM
Tim_LIVID: Hehe, alright will do that!

Ok, just a small update on whats going on. The ocean layer takes about 40min/frame to render so its probably gonna take a while before I post any major updates... :/ But anyway, here is a still from cut 4:
user added image
Full res

And here's the reel:
DF_WIP_c1-4.mov

Take care all!
/Chris

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 37 02-02-2006 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
All you need is an old ship floating past there user added image

Naa, seriously man that's cool. What is this for, just your showreel or work?

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 38 02-02-2006 , 04:06 PM
*lol* that would be ace!
Its a private little project... probably end up on my reel some day but for now it's more of an experiment and you always learn something new when you do this stuff, so its just good fun! user added image

# 39 02-02-2006 , 04:19 PM
Subscriber
I know how you feel, with my showreel nearly done and my Victory done I'm setting my sights on my next project. Not stuck for ideas that's for sure.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 40 02-02-2006 , 04:29 PM
hey just watched the latest mov. WOW!:attn: looking great!

just a couple of small things like at 2:08 there are those white trails coming from the wing...but it looks as if it should fade behind the smoke.

the end sequence where the spit shoots off the wing of the bf-109? and the wing fragment just misses the camera (all looks awsome btw) perhaps the camera could have a bit of a shake at the near-miss moment.

silly question but why are the tracers wriggling around?

great stuff againuser added image

# 41 02-02-2006 , 04:50 PM
Thanks very much!!
*lol* the trace smoke at 2.08, I haven't seen that actually. Nicely spotted! The smoke should fade into the black one... I'll see if I can fix that later!
Yeah, add a bit of camera shake would help.

The trace bullets fly in spiral way from what I've seen... sience they move so fast and when they are captured they look as if they bend... Not too happy with them in the second cut, frame 47-49. So I think I have to edit them a bit.

/Chris

# 42 02-02-2006 , 05:36 PM
Yeah..That was exactly what I wanted to know! user added image
Thanks dude...
btw. good technique to do this shots. Looks very cool.

# 43 02-02-2006 , 06:11 PM
Subscriber
JUST LOOKED AT THE UPDATE
V.NICE GOOD TO SEE HE GETS HIM
(soz about caps)
r they bombers behind them otherwise its wird that hey're not doin ne thing

r u gonna include the plane crash into the water? it would be nice

:bow:

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 44 02-02-2006 , 06:40 PM
amazing

# 45 02-02-2006 , 08:28 PM
Cheers guys!
pbman: Well, I have an idea that you should see one or two Henkels going down in the background and have a few more fighters around them but I save that for the end. About the water crash. It would be cool but I just have a bit too much on my to-do list so if there's time and I have the energy to do that final shoot I will... but just thinking about the amount of particle systems for water and smoke it would require makes me go a bit mad! user added image Thanks for asking!

Not final but from the first cut... I've manualy painted the dust and scratches on the film, 85 frames all fun... :/
user added image
Full Res

/Chris