Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-03-2006 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber

Modeling

I'm trying to model a cartoon character with a snout. Can anyone give me any tips on how i should start the model. The snout is similar to Dino from the flintstones.

# 2 30-03-2006 , 11:27 AM
tips...
it all depends on your modeling skills and your experience with maya (or whatever else you're using).
I personaly use poly by poly technique, extrude face, split polygon tool, delete some eges, merge some verticles and so...
but the first thing you must have when you start your model is an image plane. set it up and slowly start modeling from torso (that's easiest way for me to do it) and eventually using all the techniques stated above you might be pretty satisfied with the resul.

If the worst hasn't happened yet, that's because you haven't tried everything yet!