Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-04-2006 , 12:49 PM

Mr Spider . . .

Here is a preview of something I will be adding to the Walkerman program. Using MEL, and a wee bit of trigonometry, here is a spider, the legs are animated based on the movement in the positive x direction. I'm not to sure I want to bother taking the time to code it so you can move it in any direction, unless I can come up with a simple way to do it.

As it is coded now, the main joint x and z coordinates are used as references to move all the legs. . . . user added image

Attached Files
File Type: zip spider2.zip (8.5 KB, 217 views)

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche