Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-04-2006 , 06:32 AM
Subscriber

maya closes

anyone experience maya 7 closing out on you while you leave it idlefor a while? it happems to me about half the time.

# 2 06-04-2006 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
i've had maya close on me while i'm working...normally because i forget to delete history and it keeps building until it crashes

# 3 06-04-2006 , 09:07 PM
Subscriber
it never closes on me while i'm working now that i've gotten a lappy with more power to handle my project. it's only if i leave maya idle and anything i didn't save won't be saved next time i open my scene up. i could be surfing the net and when i return it either closes at that time or it had closed already. sometimes i work on my project for a little while then i need to step away for a while to do something and when i get back maya is all closed down. the good thing though is that i've gotten into the habit most of the time to save my work before i step away. ususally when i forget to save i hadn't done alot.

# 4 09-04-2006 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
the only time maya freezes on me is when iam switching viewports.
when iam watching one of kurts video tuts i have to keep switching between maya and the player that iam using.
when i switch from the player to maya to change view ports maya freezes..
i dunno why.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!