Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 61 01-05-2006 , 12:03 PM
Subscriber
yeah i have learned tons ..how to fix issues but i have not learned how to add detail ...like in jaw area ...i learned how to find problems with edges and vertices. But i have learned alot from all of you ...trying to figure out detail ... will post soon .

# 62 08-05-2006 , 02:48 AM
Subscriber
okay sorry about no update in long time. I have been studying and practicing over and over. here is update. C and C is always welcome . i have learned alot from you all and hope to learn more. also put one up with beak and one with pointed. not sure if pointed or not . well let me know .. cant hurt my feelings on what you all think. thanks in advanced . hopefully you can tell a difference from the so called sea gull . also i totally started over from scratch that is why so long on update

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by mmoore5553; 08-05-2006 at 03:46 AM.
# 63 08-05-2006 , 02:49 AM
Subscriber
another shot . well let me know. I learning to add details and hopefully shows and looks better ..any C and C is welcome . Also if it still looks like a sea gull let me know what would improve it

Attached Thumbnails
# 64 08-05-2006 , 02:56 AM
Subscriber
here is pointed break real quick

Attached Thumbnails
# 65 08-05-2006 , 11:21 AM
Subscriber
Hey there mmoore,

it's looking much better this time round, still plenty of work to do though! Practice and patience, that's the way to model.

Keep it up,

Mat.

# 66 08-05-2006 , 11:24 AM
Subscriber
yeah second time around alot of work and practice ..one thing a good friend told me on here ..i dont need to compare to others that have been doing it over and over. lol like that is easy to do with the talent here lol . yeah i will start beak tonight and put in more detail . just wanted to let you all know i am not quiting yet lol ...

any C and C welcome .

Last edited by mmoore5553; 08-05-2006 at 11:37 AM.
# 67 08-05-2006 , 12:22 PM
Subscriber
your slowly getting there..
its mostly pushing and pulling verts. changing direcion of edges. its takes a helluva of alot of time. but its well worth it.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 68 08-05-2006 , 09:10 PM
Subscriber
THis time its looking a lot better. Like everyone said before its alot of pulling, pushing, and adding new lines. Keep at it, take your time because it can be tedious but it will pay off in the long run. Make sure to keep me updated

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 69 09-05-2006 , 09:45 AM
Subscriber
It's looking better than it was that's for sure.

If you look at the reference you can see that is has some sharp lines in there. Where it has bone and beak and all that lot. Try putting those bits in now to give it that more angular and sharp look. I think that more than anything will get you closer to what you want.

Even if it doesn't it will still be interesting to see the difference.

Keep it up though. user added image

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 70 09-05-2006 , 10:17 AM
Dont give up mate user added image I know you can do it

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 71 11-05-2006 , 11:40 AM
Subscriber
i have ran into some errors. .i have checked for edges and cant find why this will not convert to subd any ideas let me know ..i redid the eye and mouth. i have searched for hrs on end and cant find out why. How do you all find out what is erroring out ? any tips ? how do you look for vertice's not connected when you use the edge tool , if that is my problem

Attached Files
File Type: rar test2witheyepointedbeak2.rar (67.3 KB, 166 views)
# 72 11-05-2006 , 01:09 PM
Subscriber
Hello mmoore,

If Maya can't complete a command that it's been given it will advise you to open the script editior for details (shift > s). In the script editor it will list the problems stopping the command and give possible sollutions. In this case there are non-manifold edges stopping the conversion. Maya suggests using polygons/cleanup with the nonmanifold geometry option checked. Maya's methods of cleaning up poly's can sometimes cause more problems than you initially had though, if you make sure that select geometry is set in the drop down menu Maya will point out where the problem lies and leave it up to you to deal with it. In this case the face circled in red is the problem, select and delete it along with the face coloured yellow then snap align and merge the verts in the direction of the red arrow. To finish off, use the append poly tool between the 2 purple edges. Hey presto you can now convert to sub-d, YAY!

Keep at it,

Mat

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by happymat27; 11-05-2006 at 01:11 PM.
# 73 11-05-2006 , 01:16 PM
Subscriber
yeah i looked in there but could not find the issues .... i tried what it suggested and didnt help lol ... I cant believe you found it .... I searched for hrs ...i dont get how you all see this stuff.

snap align ?

sorry about the dumb questions but I am learning alot

also Mat how does the eye look ? better than pic posted early ...something about eye earlier bothered me

thank you once again.

Last edited by mmoore5553; 11-05-2006 at 01:19 PM.
# 74 11-05-2006 , 01:47 PM
Subscriber
snap align.......

choose the vert that you want to move and make sure that the translate manipulator is active (w) use the middle mouse button and hold down

v to snap to vertices
c to snap to curves
x to snap to grid - (best in orthographic views)

hope that helps,

Mat.

# 75 11-05-2006 , 01:55 PM
Subscriber
okay so the one where snap is suppose to be used ..I cant just move tool and move one vertics closer and then merge ..is that wrong ? yeah i have used snap align with x to duplicate eye but confused on using it to adjust the lines.

just using your method is better ?

Last edited by mmoore5553; 11-05-2006 at 01:58 PM.