Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 21-04-2006 , 03:22 PM

Follow up Question on Walkerman

You asked:

I am trying to install the walkerman script but even if I try to add the folder to my scripts folder it doesn't appear in the toolbar.

When you add the Walkerman files, best way, if you are not sure where the "scripts" folder is, is open up windows explore, and look for a folder something
like:
C:\Documents and Settings\wiz1\My Documents\maya

Yours will be a little different depending on how your computer was named,
it will not say "wiz1", it will have something else:
C:\Documents and Settings\******\My Documents\maya

The full path to my scripts folder is:
C:\Documents and Settings\wiz1\My Documents\maya\6.0\scripts

It is into this folder that you need to unzip the files.

After you have done this, the files need to be sourced. Best way is to either not open Maya until after you have unzipped the files into that folder or close Maya and restart it.

Then all you have to do is type "go" in the command line.

After you type "go", the small window should come up with the icons for each function, and all you have to do is hold down the middle mouse button over each and drag it to the shelf.

You asked:

When I try to add the go.mel script from the folder Maya option and try to add a character my middle clicking it messages m ethat it cannot find aliasComands . How I install it ?

If you are getting a message that it cannot find aliasCommand, that is not a big issue, aliasCommands is a very short program that is used as a shortcut way to bring up the slider windows. Most likely cause of you not finding it is you have
downloaded Walkerman 0.0 rather than Walkerman 1.1 . . .
the higher the version number the more update the program is.

You asked:

One other question . is it better to work with characters with XSI or MAYA ?

Quite frankly, I have no idea if it will work with XSI, I do not have XSI, but if it does work in XSI, that would be nice! I would be interested to know if it works! :attn:

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by skywola; 21-04-2006 at 03:24 PM.
# 2 21-04-2006 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber

Re: Follow up Question on Walkerman

Originally posted by skywola
I would be interested to know if it works! :attn:

of course it wont work

# 3 21-04-2006 , 08:17 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Mel Script = Maya

Jay