Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 14-08-2006 , 09:04 AM
Thanks Jay I'll have to check that out.

So here's the UV layout. More tweaking of the UV's with the check pattern is needed to even things out and fix some stretching, but for the most part it's done and I can begin texturing.

user added image

# 17 15-08-2006 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber
Man really vove the dog thing man looks very cool, nice uv map aswell keep up the good work.

# 18 15-08-2006 , 05:02 AM
Subscriber
i like the car good job man.

the dog could use some tweaks.

all your UV set might need to be in the 1-1 grid.

user added image

# 19 16-08-2006 , 01:36 AM
Yeah, this was just the first shot of the map i took. Have since moved everything into the right quadrant and scaled it to match. Tweaked the uv's a tad to avoid stretching and am texturing as we speak. It's going slow without the tablet. That is at the top of my wishlist.

Correction, top of the wishlist is a job in the industry, any job.

Last edited by Dreamstate; 04-09-2006 at 06:33 PM.
# 20 16-08-2006 , 02:26 AM
Cool! Looking forward to seeing some textures.user added image

# 21 17-08-2006 , 02:09 PM
This layer will just slightly be visible under a skin and vein layer. I was really tempted to do the creature without skin, but i modeled it with the belts around the midesection half inserted under the skin. Meh, it'll look cool with skin when I'm done me thinks.

user added image

# 22 24-08-2006 , 04:18 PM
Slow going without a tablet. Should be done the painting by weeks end.
user added image

# 23 29-08-2006 , 08:06 AM
Can't wait to start modeling again. Couple more layers to go. Overal skin discoloration, spotting, teeth, claws, gums, wounds, open flesh. The layers you see will be more opaque when i am nearing the end. I'm going to try my best to make this look like semi dead flesh. Pretty much like Chicken or Turkey without the bumps. First time doing anything like this so I'm totally winging it. Got the idea from the guy's who did Smeagol for LOTR. I figure the concept looks great and even a really basic version of the steps involved should look ok.
user added image

# 24 04-09-2006 , 06:31 PM
Almost done. One more day of texturing ought to do it. More detail in the belt wounds, nose, snout, cheeks. Encountered many gliches when using mental ray. Took me three days to fix them all but i managed to.
user added image