Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-10-2006 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber

Question about the Apache tutorial

I was particularly interested in the possibility of doing the tutorial in Lightwave as that is where my experience lies. Could anyone give advice on how hard this would be since the tutorial is taught around Maya?

Or would it be easier to break down and purchase Maya to do this tut in the appropriate application. I have no Maya experience but I am proficient enough in Lightwave. Would I be able to do this tutorial as a first project in Maya with only experience in Lightwave?

Thanks for your time.

# 2 26-10-2006 , 08:34 AM
Subscriber
its possible to use LW to do this.

i demo'ed LW, i think the modeler is, if not better than maya's tools.

so the main tools i thin this tut might use are probably extrude or bevel.
Kbrown usually browse this forum, he can tell you how much is maya specific and how much any app can do.

but im pretty sure it can be done easily in LW.

# 3 26-10-2006 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber
And what of this being the first project for someone with no Maya experience but moderate experience with another 3d package?