Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 76 28-06-2007 , 08:13 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Steve

this looks real nice, I think in terms of lighting, it's getting there but try and tone down the ambient level on the materials as its washing it out making it a little bright in places.

nice bit of modelling and texturing though

Cheers
Jay

# 77 29-06-2007 , 05:32 AM
Cheers guys.

I rendered out a little fly by video that I posted up on you tube a bit ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3hHmCr-qxM

Its a bit fast, as I thought that 5 seconds was a long time! Its also seems to have gone a bit "jerkey" with the compression of the video (as the full files smooth as)

Thanks for the advice on the lighting, I'll get back onto this when I eventually get enought descent stuff to make a demo reel.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 78 03-07-2007 , 07:15 AM
The guitar looks great. user added image

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 79 21-07-2007 , 12:59 AM
Good work. Did you use an animation modifier to bend those strings into place of the tuning pegs? What material did you use for the frets?

# 80 21-07-2007 , 05:01 PM
Before getting too concerned with the lighting and whatnot, and I suppose this applies only if you're going for photo-realism, you should re-examine your modeling and reference materials. Standard Les Pauls are thicker—yours is more like a LP Jr. which would have a different pickup arrangement/type. The body also looks a little more elongated than it should be and the curved areas have a blockiness to them. Knobs aren't correct, String action is way too high, etc. I would hunt down close-up pics of a LPS from all angles so you can get the details.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 81 22-07-2007 , 02:21 AM

Originally posted by NitroLiq
Before getting too concerned with the lighting and whatnot, and I suppose this applies only if you're going for photo-realism, you should re-examine your modeling and reference materials. Standard Les Pauls are thicker—yours is more like a LP Jr. which would have a different pickup arrangement/type. The body also looks a little more elongated than it should be and the curved areas have a blockiness to them. Knobs aren't correct, String action is way too high, etc. I would hunt down close-up pics of a LPS from all angles so you can get the details.

Cheers for the crits.

I used my Les Paul copy as reference, which the model essentially fits, when I come to making a demo reel I might have a look at the proportions, as I said a while ago this project is essentially finished (was about 6 months ago).

The knobs are a copy of the ones that Ive got on my guitar, and the string height was just that, thats how it came out whan I added them, I could get rid of the blockeyness by adding a secomd smooth poly to the body

Like I said I'll have a look closer to putting a demo reel together.

# 82 22-07-2007 , 08:21 AM
You have to be careful using a LP copy as reference because not all are entirely accurate. I own a Les Paul Standard so some of the things really stood out. Again, it all depends what you're really trying to achieve at the end.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 83 22-07-2007 , 11:31 AM
Now, after that good guitar, U got to make someone to play it, it would be shame if noone plays that GOOD guitar. lol

https://artforum.4rumer.net/
The best art forum ever[/size]
# 84 18-10-2008 , 06:15 PM
your guitar looks great. I myself am working on modeling my takamine. was wondering if you could give me some tips. How did you do your strings? I tried the helix, but maya couldn't really handle the attributes i tried. and how did you give them that nice wrap around the tuning peg at the top? I also liked the way the strings deforms around the bridge? did you use a latice to do that? I'm a student so I apperciate any tips. thanks..

# 85 18-10-2008 , 06:22 PM
Blast from the past!

I used simple extrusions for them, from a cylinder.

# 86 22-10-2008 , 07:57 PM
Simply Maya OG
I remember this thread! Damn.....lol

- Hybrid
# 87 22-10-2008 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber
lol blast from the past indeed, was a epic thread

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch