Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-02-2007 , 10:31 PM

maya mental ray colour/occlusion rendering question!

hi, guys

i have a issue which is rendering in mental ray with mix20layer

the thing is i made a character and now skin mapping almost finished,but i wanna the final output image with colour and occlusion separately in order to compose them in shake

but the problem is: after the occlusion rendering, i found under the the nose of my character has some shadow appear ed( actually, u know for occlusion rendering, it's normal ..) but, i don't wanna have these shadows under the nose of my character. Because it looks like my character has a man's beard ( she's a girl ), so the problem is if the final output is a still image , that will be easy , i can take that shadow part away in cs2....but , i am doing a animation , and the images will be tons of tons sequence images...it's impossible to modify that shadow part one by one in cs2...

guys, help...really...

( the follow image is two still images, one is occlusion and one is colour image,and i composed them in cs2 with multiply layer. and also i used Dodge tool took the shadow part under the nose for occlusion image. so after compositing u can't see the shadow now), but try to imagine if the thousand sequence images, that is no possible to do things like i did in cs2)

help ???

Attached Thumbnails