Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 91 19-04-2007 , 10:00 AM
Closet thingy

Attached Images

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 92 19-04-2007 , 04:05 PM
Subscriber
Looks nice..
Hope theres enuff space for the closet doors to open.

# 93 19-04-2007 , 04:25 PM
Subscriber
Just so u know...
the table lamps are floating.

# 94 19-04-2007 , 05:01 PM
I noticed the floating lamps last night too. I forgot to move them back into position after the adjustments I made. I'll double check the closet later today to make sure it's positioned/scaled correctly.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 95 19-04-2007 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
user added image

# 96 19-04-2007 , 06:15 PM
I did have to adjust the closet. I also re-positioned the end units/lamps back where they're supposed to be. Here's an updated screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 97 19-04-2007 , 06:20 PM
A render from another angle shows that unless I make the closet more narrow, the doors are still too wide to clear the end unit. It's just starting to look too narrow to me, even though the ref pic points toward needing to make it more narrow. Please adivse.

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 98 19-04-2007 , 07:02 PM

Originally posted by Perfecto
After looking at the scene with the mattress and pillows, I'm wondering if I made the end units too small. Or is it too soon to really tell? What do you think?

It's most likely that the pillows are too large...I was thinking of having those two large ones stand on-end against the headboard, and have two smaller ones...but I think that would just kill the cloth sim all the more, so I probably better leave it at two pillows, and make them a bit smaller.

# 99 19-04-2007 , 07:20 PM

Originally posted by Perfecto
A render from another angle shows that unless I make the closet more narrow, the doors are still too wide to clear the end unit. It's just starting to look too narrow to me, even though the ref pic points toward needing to make it more narrow. Please adivse.

After looking at the reference, I don't think there's too much you can do.

It is indeed very awkward that someone would put a dresser in a place where the doors would not have enough room to swing out...but I don't think you should make it any more narrow. Perhaps it is best to leave it where it is for now. If we care to break away from the reference later, the furniture can easily be re-arranged.

That's my two cents...

# 100 19-04-2007 , 07:32 PM
did you set up the maya rendercam to have the same settings as the camera that took the shot? Just that it looks loke youve got some perspective distortion from the reference image to the model. But if your not using it to texture or to camera map then it shouldent be a problem.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 101 19-04-2007 , 07:51 PM
Subscriber
Hey Pfto, I appreciate your concern.

Sever, definitely makes sense.

thx gster....... next time, we should actually try using the maya cam in conjunction with a realword cam.

# 102 19-04-2007 , 07:52 PM
Subscriber
Know , needs a lot of work.

But just to let u know, works been started.

Attached Images
# 103 19-04-2007 , 08:04 PM
gster: I havn't done anything with rendercam settings (don't really know how yet). I right clicked on the photo that njon posted and then copied it to my computer, then created an image plane and tried scaling height and width of plane so that the image looked right. I'm trying to model everything so it looks half way decent in the Camera1 perspective view.

Exceed Expectations!
# 104 19-04-2007 , 08:06 PM
That is soooooo coool! I gotta learn how to do that.

Edit:
Referring to the lighting work begun by njon.

Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 19-04-2007 at 10:37 PM.
# 105 20-04-2007 , 01:01 AM
Acid44
i could do some modeling for it when i get home this sounds like fun user added image