Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-04-2007 , 12:59 AM

Haunted House tut

Hey guys this is my first post. I am usually a 3Dmax man because i come from a furniture and product design course and not a games course background, however i bought this tut about 4 weeks ago and found out that Maya is a much better programme for game design or charachter design. I really have found my new passion in life and that is to try and get into the games industry so if you guys can give the noobie any hint,tips, advice etc that would be most helpful.

p.s hope you guys are all happy shiney people.

Attached Thumbnails

polygon pusher
# 2 29-04-2007 , 12:17 PM
I see that your signature is "polygon pusher" which if your into games, then that's a good thing. I reckon one of your immediate challenges will be trying to switch from 3dMax to Maya.

I won't be very much help but one thing I've learned from this forum is that for gaming, it's better to have fewer polygons, so I'm thinking for your purposes, maybe focus on low poly models and character design.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 29-04-2007 , 06:55 PM
ok, thanks for the info, you into games yourself then?

polygon pusher
# 4 30-04-2007 , 05:49 AM
no, but you hear alot about it on this forum. I'm sure it's the same with others as well. Check out the Challenge forum. There's a texturing challenge. Mike gives a little texturing info for games, so you might want to check it out.

I've entered in and have zero experience with texturing. But, it'll be a great learning experience, perhaps for you too...if you got the time.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 5 30-04-2007 , 04:12 PM
ok will check it out,cheers

polygon pusher