Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-05-2007 , 08:06 PM

selected faces do not hi_lite

i'm using maya 7.0
view port is in smooth shade.
when modelling, selected faces do not hi-lite
if i rotate in the perspective window sometimes a back selected face partially hi-lites in the far left of view.
when viewport is in wireframe, the selected faces do hi-lite on the edges.
i think someone voo doo'd my computer!
thank you for helping.
i loaded up a different scene and the faces worked fine
it seems when i load an image into the image plane is when i have a problem
anyone now how to fix this bug

Last edited by eastkootenayboy2; 12-05-2007 at 09:13 PM.
# 2 12-05-2007 , 09:19 PM
Subscriber
no clue how to fix it but I have noticed some little glitches on mine where I can click on a face, or vertice and they don't highlight until I move the screen a little or click on another face or vertice. Maybe thats your problem? Maybe you're not clicking on the dot in the middle?
Try using, Edit>Paint Selection Tool, for highlighting your faces, I just recently discovererd this and I've saved time, and frustration using it to select faces.

If these suggestions don't work than hopefully someone else has a better suggestion for you.

# 3 12-05-2007 , 10:15 PM
without using the image plane i have no problem with seeing the selected faces.
but as soon as i import using the image plane my face selection disapears
my solution was to texture a poly plane with the image using a lambert.
this fixed my problem, but i had to start from scratch.
thanks for helping Rhetoric Camel

# 4 12-05-2007 , 10:17 PM
Senior Software Developer
Maya has had this little problem for a while, I have had it in Maya 7 and 8.5. As Rhetoric said, use the paint selection tool for this type of selection issue, I personally use it quite a bit now its on the tool box to the left user added image

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)