Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-08-2007 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber

Cameras and animation

I have a bullet animation translating across the grid followed by some matrix effect NURBS spheres. (Looks pretty neat)

I'm going to be using After Effects (Which I have never used before) to over lay this batch render onto it.

(So we'll see this bullet inside the clip I have already) Problem is, I want to make some camera rotations (You know, like the matrix) I've acheived this by constraining a camera to the bullet. However, I don't know how to animate the cameras movement whilst the bullet is moving?

Do I use MEL scripting?? Or just regular animating??

Also, when the camera rotates in this render, will we see the backround of the other clip when laying it on?

# 2 10-08-2007 , 01:59 PM
Well I'm not sure if this may help you or not, but if you go to the vieport menus and select View. The first one on there will be select camera. Then in the channel box you can key the attributes you want to animate. I tried this out and it made the camera rotate.

Best of luck

Signature
# 3 11-08-2007 , 01:14 AM
Subscriber
What i would do is,

1. Create a "Camera and Aim" not a "Camera".
2. Hit Space so you get 4 point perspective view(4 screens)
3. Go into top view, and while selecting the camera go to Panels and then click on "Look Threw Selected". This Should make the Top View change into your camera view.

As for the camera aim(circle cross hair) place that onto your bullet as this will make the camera looking directly at the bullet ...

Also you must also select your camera and hit s to key frame the camera's movement, if you get what i mean.

Hope you get all that,

Marlon

Last edited by marlonjohn; 11-08-2007 at 01:19 AM.
# 4 11-08-2007 , 01:20 AM
You could also hit "T" with the camera selected to get where its aiming and then parent this to the bullet, that way where ever you move the camera it will still point at the bullet.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle