Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-09-2007 , 12:15 AM
Subscriber

a failed interview.

So I'm calling this company for a phone interview on a modeling position which is pretty hard to find around the area I live in. So everything goes perfect until the last thing they say is that they use the carrera 3d package only and then the interview just goes downhill from there. What a bummer though if only it was Maya it might of worked out. But who really uses carrera anymore I thought the main industry ones were Maya, lightwave, and 3d Max.

but yea so moo...
back to flippin burgers:shakehead

Last edited by danotronXX; 07-09-2007 at 12:18 AM.
# 2 07-09-2007 , 12:58 AM
Subscriber
who cares what they use....

a jobs a job.. a poly is a poly...

and maya modeling tools sucks on ice

# 3 07-09-2007 , 02:18 AM
Subscriber
yea thats what I tried telling them. Model with maya and then convert to object or something to the carrera package. I didn't seem to get a confirming answer though. I'm thinking they prefer using the packages they have because they are looking for employees working in their office and don't wanna invest on other thousand dollar licenses. Who knows, I'll try emailing them one more time see what they say.

# 4 07-09-2007 , 02:42 AM
Subscriber
i mean...
the tools have to be identical to say the least.

so you probably should have told them you can transition very easily from app to app.

ive worked with maya, max, and xsi so far at past jobs, and they are all relatively the same tools.

# 5 09-09-2007 , 12:03 AM
Subscriber
aaah okay I see what you mean. Thanks I'll keep that in mind for the next time.

# 6 09-09-2007 , 05:25 PM
Yeah Vlads right, I would have bangged on about how well I can transition between softwares (even though the only other packages I ve used has been a demo of modo and Zbrush) and how the underlying processes/methods are very similar in all the softwares etc

Phone them back up and say your learning it!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 10-09-2007 , 04:19 AM
Subscriber

!

LOL yea thanks for the support guys. Yea it's a good idea. Call them back, brag about easy transitions, and secretly get drilling on Carrera. But then again it might take time and if they'd buy it I'd probably be a drag on the workforce for the first couple months since I'm such a slow learner.
But nevertheless they seemed to be more impressed with my illustration work and offered a freelance position there. So I guess it's a happy ending after all. Another reason why portfolio sites are so important. :attn:

Last edited by danotronXX; 10-09-2007 at 04:26 AM.