Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 28-09-2007 , 12:30 AM
Pretty wild looking character there Jay. I mean that in a good way.

P.S. From all the work I've seen from you, I suspect you'll have another job before you know it. I'll say a prayer for you

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 17 28-09-2007 , 06:52 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Many thanks Perfecto, its much appreciated

Jay

# 18 28-09-2007 , 11:55 AM
Subscriber
looks good bro, i like it...
i'll keep up with it as best as i can

peep your pm's next time your on, sending you a message before i log out today

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 19 28-09-2007 , 12:22 PM
w...w...w...was that the ghost of Legend that was here?

Cheers dude will do
Jay

# 20 01-10-2007 , 07:16 AM
Subscriber
IT were, just posted to your pm today, they kicked me off the rig right after i posted that a few days ago, sorry for the delay bro

you'll understand all when you read that pm

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 21 01-10-2007 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber
Hey nice sculpting man! realy love it. 150 kicked out in a couple of months that sucks!

But like they all say you'll find a new one in no time.

I don't know if you have worked on the legs, but the look a bit fragile a bit on the weak side, meaning that the characters legs can't realy support the upper body.

I don't think it's the size, but the angle.

keep it up man, can't wait to see what your new tut is about.

# 22 01-10-2007 , 11:30 AM
Jr.Who
Jay, I saw your demo reel, and I’d have to say, it’s pretty amazing!

I only have a couple of crits. Is there no music, or is it just my computer? Also, some of the video seems like the frame rate is running choppy (especially the first part with the head).
user added image

EDIT: BTW, how come you didn’t put your Summer entry on the reel?

Last edited by Jr.Who; 01-10-2007 at 02:40 PM.
# 23 01-10-2007 , 08:29 PM
AikoWorld

Thank you, I hope one turns up soon too.

The legs have been done since this last pic, I just havent had the time to post up, been busy on the new tute and busy with school stuff for my daughter. I'll try and get the update on here tonight.

the tute is coming along. Im doing in between stuff atm because theres alot of repetition on one part of the model so I didnt want to record the same process for near an hour, otherwise you go to sleep, one explantion has been done so it can be viewed a couple of times instead. I hope this makes sense.

Jr.Who

Thanks glad you like. Choppy huh? hmm its fine here and elsewhere where its been viewed. As for music, a little tip for you, its not actually needed because most of the time when a potential employer watches a reel they turn the music off. Which is understandable, not all music may fit the images or animation sequences unless you do it yourself to match and even then its a matter of taste too. And the most important thing is that its not about the music so...

Cheers for now
Jay

# 24 01-10-2007 , 11:02 PM
Update

Cheers
_J

user added image

# 25 02-10-2007 , 12:43 AM

Originally posted by Jay
As for music, a little tip for you, its not actually needed because most of the time when a potential employer watches a reel they turn the music off. Which is understandable, not all music may fit the images or animation sequences unless you do it yourself to match and even then its a matter of taste too. And the most important thing is that its not about the music so...

Amen man!

Its one of the things in demo reel comments that makes me laugh when people say they dont like the music on a demo reel, its nothing to do with a 3d demo reel, your not going for a audio dubbing job.

Looking nice Jay, kinda reminds me of something but cant quite put my finger on it!

Hows outlaws going? Not had an update e-mail, if its on the back burner its understandable, with the situation an all

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 26 02-10-2007 , 12:53 AM
Steve

you got mail mate
cheers

Jay

# 27 02-10-2007 , 03:03 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by Jay
Jr.Who

Thanks glad you like. Choppy huh? hmm its fine here and elsewhere where its been viewed. As for music, a little tip for you, its not actually needed because most of the time when a potential employer watches a reel they turn the music off. Which is understandable, not all music may fit the images or animation sequences unless you do it yourself to match and even then its a matter of taste too. And the most important thing is that its not about the music so...

Cheers for now
Jay

It’s only around the parts when you have the farmer looking guy doing all the facial expressions and when the heads are rotating.

They turn it off? I’ve never heard of that. I agree that is isn’t the most important thing, but I’ve never seen a reel without music. I always thought it complements the reel, and sets the mood for it.

Then again, if you don’t get the right music, some people will be turned off by it.

# 28 02-10-2007 , 03:26 AM
You've never heard that? okay i guess my ear is lower to the ground then LOL. Im always listening out for little tidbits like this, as its always useful. A good site to pick this stuff up from is www.fxguide.com they have lots of podcasts with industry interviews etc, worth a look...

Jay

# 29 02-10-2007 , 04:52 AM
Hey Jay

Cheers for the mail, the link you posted has a commer at the end of it, great link i'll have a read of that tomorrow.

With the music no music I always think that you might have a couple of people looking at your reel, discussing various parts to see how you fit, last thing they want it to be blasted with music in the middle of an office, or you never know if the music you chose they hate! Never get a second chance to make a first impression!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 30 02-10-2007 , 05:53 AM
Comma removed, yep its always first impressions!!

Cheers Steve
Jay