Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-10-2007 , 06:20 PM

71 Dodge Challenger.

Here is what I'm currently working on.
It's a 1971 Dodge challenger.
I'm having some issues with texturing the taillight.
I took a uv snapshot from camera view to make the texture.
The image comes out all messed up in the UV texture editor, and can't figure it out. :headbang:
Any help would be sweet. user added image
user added image
Here is a screenshot.
user added image
user added image
user added image

Last edited by mmmm_soup; 02-10-2007 at 06:30 PM.
# 2 02-10-2007 , 06:50 PM
I would take a uv snapshot and then edit the image to match the UV layout in photoshop.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 02-10-2007 , 08:55 PM
That has nothing to do with it however. The image should show up correctly in the UV-editor regardless how the UV map looks... so that's not going to help. Haven't seen that problem before so I can't help out.

# 4 02-10-2007 , 09:15 PM

Originally posted by DJbLAZER
That has nothing to do with it however. The image should show up correctly in the UV-editor regardless how the UV map looks... so that's not going to help. Haven't seen that problem before so I can't help out.

At least you know that the image will fit the map with no messing about in maya.

Thinking about it, it could be that the file placement nows has got some repeats on there.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 02-10-2007 , 10:57 PM
Yeah, it's really strange.
I did everything how I usually do.
I did a UV snapshot, brought it into photoshop, made the texture, and saved it as a targa.
I don't know what settings I have chaged since, but I've never had this problem.
Here is a test render.

user added image

# 6 03-10-2007 , 09:08 AM
That's a nice model dude. Like it.

Have you checked the repeats on the placement node or did maya just go queer (it happens).

Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project

# 7 04-10-2007 , 10:26 PM
I have checked that as well. I guess I'll just use the interactive placement for the taillight texture for now. Everything's still working fine, but not when I use planar mapping. I'll do a reinstal of maya later on.
Could anyone suggest a good way to make metallic paint?

# 8 05-10-2007 , 12:00 AM
Hmmmm, double check your projection settings as there are scale settings which may effect it. Try resetting the settings, although not sure if this would effect your UV editor display.

As for car paint which version of maya are you using, I belief Maya 8.5 comes with one. I have 6 at the mo but plan to upgrade in a few weeks.

Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project

# 9 05-10-2007 , 01:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. Everythings back to normal now. I just installed maya again. I should have some pictures up in the finished work section soon. user added image
Cheers,

# 10 07-10-2007 , 06:47 PM
A Dodge classic is always a crowd pleaser. It looks great.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 11 10-10-2007 , 05:56 AM
Subscriber
One of my favorite cars ...

Modeling looks great, only thing i would have to say is you could brighten up the scene a bit as it appears to be a bit dark. With a car like this, a recommend you show it off in some shiny fresh paint coat user added image