Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-10-2007 , 12:21 PM
Subscriber

Interior newbie test

i modeled up a quick dining room scene to start testing out some renders, this is the first test, very blind test with no matierial textures or tweaking, just very basic material settings.

this is my first time using maxwell, first render, all i did was watch a few tutorial videos and then i got to it.

reference:

user added image

user added image

rendered with maxwell

this is sampling of 15 so far, its still rendering though, may stop it at 17.

i usually only do cars, so this is a big change of pace for me.

now that i have a feel of how this should end up looking like, i will probably continue modelling and finish off the sene before fixing or changing any materials.

First year 3D Grad

Last edited by Turbo Dan; 04-10-2007 at 12:29 PM.
# 2 04-10-2007 , 02:19 PM
WOAH I thought the first image was a reference image. Thats amazingly realistic!!!!

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 3 04-10-2007 , 02:30 PM
Subscriber
yeah. the first image is just a reference photo, the second image, the plain white one is the test render.

First year 3D Grad
# 4 04-10-2007 , 02:49 PM
AHAHHAHA yeah my mistake. Im used to Djblazers totally realistic maxwell renders.

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 5 04-10-2007 , 07:32 PM
From what I've seen, Maxwell can render like your reference image but your test render's not bad for just learning it. You need to add more reflectiveness to the table and possible to the floor too. Also, see if you can add some blue tint to your light. Finishing the modeling like you mentioned will help too.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!