Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-11-2007 , 08:21 PM

Whirlwind??? Help needed

I want to make a whirlwind for a little showreel, it shows a little tree leaf carried by a soft breeze, and makes a circle in the air and stop laying on the ground. But its supposed to be VERY soft, all the movement of the leaf. Could anyone help me with this? I tryed to create two fields to simulate a small whirlwind and blow the leaf to make it draw a circle in the air, but the movement wasnt good, it just flew in a crazy way... it there anything Im missing about that? is there any other way to make this movement?
Thanks a lot!

# 2 07-11-2007 , 11:19 AM
Keyframe it if you want specific results for a single object.

# 3 08-11-2007 , 08:05 AM

yup!

I agree! if it's only one leaf I would make joints on the leaf and apply and IK spline and animate it. It's easier that way. Only because it's one leaf. The IK spline will give it stretch and contraction as it moves with the wind. Try it. Of course there is not one specific way to do it.

EA Games
# 4 09-11-2007 , 05:00 PM

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the tips! I apreciate very much!
I will defenetly try it!
Thanks a lot!:attn: