Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 09-12-2007 , 06:04 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
I like the Forbidden tomb of the Dwarfs, though it's pretty dark (which is a good thing) but you could have got away with one or two lights. Not 20 user added image

As for the plane.... I like it allot except the new nose... It just doesn't fit right, and it doesn't look very smooth... or mechanical. What you really should do is Google you some images of planes. Pick your Fav, and see if you can find some blueprints for it, and/or good refs! This way your not stumbling around in the dark, modeling bits and pieces, and hoping they look good!...... no offense user added image

Anyway, keeping working at it!

user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 32 09-12-2007 , 07:11 PM
Subscriber
no offense taken.., its the first piece of actual real crit i have seen in a long time and i appreciate it.
but as for the lights.., no.., its not possible to get that same look with 2 lights.., maybe you are thinking of ambient lights?? of course i know a lot of ways to get a similar look.., using two lights.., but i wouldnt get that 'checked' look.., or a sort of fake reflection and shadow. the scale was fair up there.., 500x200 x 200 units. point lights, cubic at 17000 intensity.

it was just an experiment.., and since then the computer has been fixed.., i had a graphics driver problem and it looks much nicer now.

the idea is (supposed to be) one light source.., where the god thing is.., and the columns are just catching that light and reflecting it on the floor.., well that was my intention user added image LOL

take cares dudes user added image

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 09-12-2007 at 07:14 PM.
# 33 09-12-2007 , 07:23 PM
Oh if its crits you want then crits you'll get...

Ok fine I cant think of a crit just yet! Well I agree with mayaniac about the nose. Looks abit... different.

But everything else looks good apart from that. Also how is this related to "here". Now that youve given the thread a title your going to have to relate it to your model. So I expect SOMETHING to be related with "here" anytime soon!!

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 34 09-12-2007 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
this is the set up on the mac.., but the scale is much smaller here

Attached Thumbnails

# 35 09-12-2007 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber
jesus you ARE quick.., but i suppose when a bloke has nothing BETTER to do.., even though he has ALL SO MUCH WORK to do (????) than to stakk the threads.., with no model..,?? am i supposed to take it seriously, or to heart user added image

here?? well you ARE 'here' thats the point?? you are here and so it is called 'here'.., that makes sense..?? yes?? no???

Muser added image

# 36 09-12-2007 , 07:52 PM
Im making my site after I got back from the gym before I go to work tomorrow. And I happen to be connected to the net so I thought id contribute to the forums!!! Disgraceful lol

Also that made absolutly no sense so..... think of something else QUICK.

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 37 10-12-2007 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
LOL.., yea i hear that user added image

a site is a big job.., alot of work, (dreamweaver??) best to it user added image

# 38 10-12-2007 , 12:47 AM
Yeah its a VERY big job. I am doing the programming in ColdFusion. Database intergrated and ALL!! Yeah I use dreamweaver but only to code and for FTP

# 39 10-12-2007 , 05:44 AM

Originally posted by mirek03
im wondering what anyone has to say about this new front on the plane.., is it ridiculous??

Not ridiculous per say. Although, generally when planes have a cowl like that the spinner is centered in it rather than being at the top. (The cowl being the circular part you added to the front, the spinner being the nose cone that the prop attaches to)

The cowl reminds me of an old radial engine similar to the type used by biplanes (do a quick image search for biplanes and you'll see what I mean) whereas what you had before was more of a spitfire or some other British WWII aircraft (hurricane, etc.).

One other note, the cockpit seems a little on the small side.

# 40 10-12-2007 , 10:41 AM
Subscriber
hey, hi there, i was aware of all those things, that why i did it.., the spinner (remote control modeling terms??) was artistic licence.., but yea, it would look better in the center. the cockpit, by memory on sports planes are small,

i have been looking at referance stuff but cant find any ornographic plans workable for me.., if anyone knows any links??

thanks for your thoughts

cold fusion, i heart of it all the time but never used it (i dont think.)

# 41 10-12-2007 , 12:31 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Try these:

BluePrints

They look allot like the sort of thing your going after!

Have Fun user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 42 11-12-2007 , 03:59 AM

the spinner (remote control modeling terms??)

Nope, real aircraft terms.

i have been looking at referance stuff but cant find any ornographic plans workable for me.., if anyone knows any links??

https://www.the-blueprints.com

If you're looking for a sport/stunt plane this is a pretty common one you'll see at airshows:

https://www.the-blueprints.com/index....-e/18209/view/

There a a number of Spitfire references (just do a search) here is one of them:

https://www.the-blueprints.com/index....ish/9225/view/

Last edited by Dutch; 11-12-2007 at 04:03 AM.
# 43 11-12-2007 , 02:01 PM
Subscriber
hey many thanks.., im thinking along the lines of glider jet.., sort of sports race of the future??? starts with a plane and a set.., both need desighn.

so its as easy as googling for prints?? i tried and the ones i found one is suposed to pay for??

ill check these ones out now.., many thanks for your help user added image

# 44 11-12-2007 , 03:16 PM
This has to be the longest thread with the least progress ahahah. Cmon we want updates!!

# 45 11-12-2007 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
LOL..,yea neck and neck with yours.., but keep it up and you will win the race user added image

yea, but i know what you mean.., im breaking my own record ??