Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-12-2007 , 01:28 PM

Simpe Scale Tool Question...

Hello!

Im using the scaling tool, but am running into a problem, I only want to scale (stretch) one side of an object, right now its scaling both sides at the same time... how do I only scale one side?

Using Maya 8.5

Thanks!

# 2 07-12-2007 , 01:37 PM
Lifetime Member
You will have to move you pivot point to the opposite side(locating it on the end of the geometry) that you wish to scale on ,so with the move tool selected hit insert (ins) on the keyboard and either select the direction you want to move it in and snap it to the end of your geometry or move it manually to the edge.Complete the pivot move by hitting insert once again. You should now be able to scale on one side only.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 07-12-2007 , 01:47 PM
Im trying to scale a curve, Im not sure I understand what you mean..

# 4 07-12-2007 , 02:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Heres a pic of scaling a cube, notice that the pivot is at one end while the scaling tales place at the other.You can do the same with a curve by moving the pivot to the opposite end of the curve you want to scale, hit insert with move tool selected and snap the pivot to the end using ctrl + C and middle mouse draging over the end of the curve then hit insert again.Hit R on the keyboard to switch to the scale tool.

Attached Thumbnails

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 5 19-10-2014 , 07:07 AM

INPUT BOX scale only from a side not both sides

Same problem here, but with entering the values in the input box. user added imageuser added image

# 6 13-01-2015 , 05:46 PM
Banned
Okay now I explain you what I need and for what I am to dumm for !