Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 25-12-2007 , 08:32 PM
They do offer '5.1' surround sound headphones! user added image

imho, games should be played on real speakers with the volume turned up to the max... which reminds me that neighbours have looked over the fence once while I was playing Rainbow Six. user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 17 25-12-2007 , 08:42 PM
Subscriber
neighbours have looked over the fence once while I was playing Rainbow Six

LOL.., i can only imagine user added image

5.1 infers 5 speakers and and a base speaker.., the 'headphones.., i saw it on the site before, a when it was first mentioned here, i went to the site via the given link..,IHMO.., then started wondering, could they do it with a helmet?? you see the piont.., headphones only have 2 speakers..?? how can the get them to sound like 6?? there lies the rub!! user added image

i actually belong to the DUC forum and asked there about an hour ago, before i got to carried away with bagging the '5.1 surround ound headphones' here. :blush:

no answer yet. they are all pros.., big movies and such.., you have to own protools to get on the forum.., i mean a rego number and a donngle number.., strick secrity.

see how it pans (pun) out user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 18 25-12-2007 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber

# 19 25-12-2007 , 10:49 PM
The link is very interesting... simulating that many speakers by just using two isn't easy, I assume, but beyerdynamic have me convinced that they can do it right!

The DT 990 PRO has me particularly impressed! Its got a better frequency response than the speakers I have for the TV! :bow:

# 20 25-12-2007 , 11:44 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
I like the sound of a matrix medievil fight scene
but i dont know anyone that owns 3d glasses
youd have to do the 3d really wel; cause poor 3d suck but if done proparly can be great

# 21 26-12-2007 , 12:23 AM
sounds cool, someguy.

I think that 3d was first done by John Logie Baird in the twenties

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 22 26-12-2007 , 08:40 AM
Subscriber
The DT 990 PRO has me particularly impressed!=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Doldy technology is onto it too

https://www.dolby.com/consumer/technology/headphone.html

i won a nice set of sennheiser headphones for a movie i did post soud for, worth $500.., they are for monitoring.., not 'hi-fi' they are fantastic.., i could never have affiorded that much for head phones.., good head phones make such a differance for work.

Last edited by mirek03; 26-12-2007 at 08:44 AM.
# 23 26-12-2007 , 08:54 AM
Subscriber
here is an interesting statment from DT Pro 900

Headzone® for Game-Sounddesigner: Do you engineer real sounds to create your own? With 5.1 surround becoming an integral part of software gaming, Headzone® is a perfect tool for programmers and sound designers alike, even when you are on the move.

what with 3D hitting gaming and 5,1 surround sound.., with the latest graphics cards and screens.., i might even start gaming myself.., trouble is it looks addictive user added image

# 24 26-12-2007 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by The Architect
which reminds me that neighbours have looked over the fence once while I was playing Rainbow Six. user added image

Im just waiting for the right moment to do that, though in the morning while playing frets on fire(similar to guitar hero 3) :p

# 25 27-12-2007 , 09:02 AM
Subscriber
oh brave new world.., stereo 3D and 5.1 surround headphonse.., in a couple of years games will be taking us on rides we never dreamt of

a friend wrote this to me

The DOLBY box was designed and originally sold by LAKE Technologies. I have the LAKE box and it's pretty interesting. You do get a surround image. Your not of course going to get a true sub. It is much less fatiguing to listen to that normal with headphones. I think the Ranch bought a bunch once. The idea behind the box originally was to allow editors to work in a decent 5.1 environment with out having to construct a lot of mini 5.1 stages. In theory the box will give a more accurate mix stage/ theatre sound than a small room with a 5.1 setup. I originally got it for that reason. The room I was in had no potential for a 5.1 setup that even could come close to accurate (room shape was impossible)

# 26 27-12-2007 , 07:30 PM
Not sure that it's the same effect as the 5.1 headphones mentioned, but if you want an example of 3D sound using only headphones, google "holophonics" or search for "Virtual Barbershop" and "Holophonic Matchbox" on you tube, and listen through headphones.

It's a really cool effect - sounds coming not only from 360 around you but from above and below you too.

gubar

# 27 28-12-2007 , 06:39 AM
Subscriber
Plus Dolby's technology...

https://www.dolby.com/consumer/technology/headphone.html

Coming soon to a iPhone near your hand - Dolby 10.2 surround sound via your iPod Nano! Realistic and completely naturalistic full surround sound via two small ear pieces!

I don't buy it - looks and sounds like marketing hype to me... Dolby Pro Logic II? (maybe Pro Logic one and a half??)

# 28 28-12-2007 , 02:42 PM
lol!

With our exclusive patented MegaSound technology, you don't need a real 5.1 setup to get 5.1 sound! Just buy this box and connect your tiny ear pieces to it and it is guaranteed to sound better than 5.1!!! user added image

It should be known that for good bass, you need big speakers with lots of internal volume - or better, a subwoofer! Another funny thing is that some people actually buy this: one of my old teachers was absolutely convinced that you don't need a Sound Blaster Audigy, the average iPod can give a much better music experience than the $400 sound card with two tiny little ear pieces! Meh, I prefer my Rammstein tracks on a real 5.1 setup. user added image

# 29 28-12-2007 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber

# 30 28-12-2007 , 03:34 PM
lol! :lmao: