Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-05-2008 , 07:44 PM

Now we're getting somewhere . . . error help?

Yes, it's me again. Sorry to post another problem--I figured it's better to start a new thread when it's a new problem. Hope this doesn't seem like spamming. You guys have been very helpful in helping me setup the render and diagnose these problems.

So here's what I've found after following some of your advice . . . at least it's telling me what the problem is. I just don't know how to fix it.

When I run it from the command line, once it gets started rendering it suddenly starts looping the same message (see image).

I'm not exactly sure what it needs. I set up a spotlight inside a parti-volume box per this tutorial:

https://www.jhavna.net/main.php?page=scatter

The thing is, it renders fine when I render a single frame (like while I was testing it this whole bloody time). But it won't batch render? Is it a linkage thing? Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 11-05-2008 , 06:07 PM
do you have more than one version of Maya installed ?

i.e. maya 2008 & 8.5, because then it might be trying to render a 2008 scene with the 8.5 batch renderer

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S