Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-06-2008 , 08:01 AM

any feedback

# 2 15-06-2008 , 11:13 AM
I've only had a quick look at the first image. It's ok, but it still needs quite a bit of work.

the textures are too clean, they repeat too much and also the carpet texture is too blurry - i think the resolution is too low.

also the perspective of the background image makes absolutely no sense with the room - it looks like the room is tilted towards the viewer - or the skyscrapers are falling over. If you composite images you have to make sure that they make sense or it just looks silly - you need to find a background image which fits in with the perspective of your room.

lastly, it's not really a saloon, which is a type of bar. it looks more like a living room.

sorry for the heavy crit. just pointing out what stands out to me.

# 3 15-06-2008 , 11:29 AM
hi
dont be sorry,it s your opinion .and i agree, in any way i v to make it better next time.
regards
mihoss

# 4 15-06-2008 , 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
I think the GI settings need to be adjusted, you can see some blotchiness along the top of the walls. The refractive index on the glass vases seem a little too high. Something else that stood out to me was whats going on below the coffee table.

I'm no expert but the first 2 animations kinda just scrambled out in one big puff, not very natural looking. The third one wouldn't play for me. Keep truckin.

- Genny