Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 07-07-2008 , 07:35 AM
The texturing is looking great 99. The eyes still look a little odd to me though. The left one looks fine but the right look like it is angled up to much. Might just be the camera set up though. Also the nose looks a bit odd to me and looks like it could use some verts moved around to give it a more organic look. If you have zbrush I would take the mesh in there and reduce it to its lowest level to make some adjustment to the nose with the move tool.

Great progress though and keep up the good work, it is certainly coming together.

# 32 07-07-2008 , 09:23 AM
Subscriber
leonlabyk: Thanks for the great criticism. As far as the nose is concerned...you are absolutely right. I think when i uv'ed it, I must have forgotten to do a planner projection on the nose because i usually do a spherical for the whole face and then go in and do planner on the front, side, back etc.. and i think i left the nose out because its looking very stretched at the tip on the nose to me..didn't notice until the render....

ill continue working on the eyes as well...

as far as Zbrush is..I think ill wait on Z. I know its an amazing program but im going to use this piece in my portfolio which is due in a month lol...and I dont have the time to learn Z and get this finished...so until then..ill just stick with this and then work on Z after Aug 14th......

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 33 07-07-2008 , 11:53 AM
whoa! nice texturing turbo-could you post a pic of the texture map m8? also, he should still be the skyline pilot user added image just give him a set of whacked out head phones-cyber stylie^^ loks really good..dont eject this and start another ok? or else i'll shoot the neighbours cat.

# 34 07-07-2008 , 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
You shrunk the image a big, cool. The texture looks good though the stubble on his chin seem to be sitting on the skin. The problem that stands out most with the eyes is the fact that there are hardly any folds and there is no lip at the bottom and the nose looks a bit boxy.

- Genny
# 35 07-07-2008 , 06:26 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by GecT
Image...too...big...can't...see the whole thing to give real crit.

/dramatically passes out, William Shatner style

lol boo ya

you suck eric, start over:p

j/k looks good so far man... looks like there should be mmore chhin stuble or make it so that it doesnt stand out so much... idk, do something with it thouguser added image