Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-08-2008 , 07:52 PM

PSD networks

Hi all

I have a character and i make the cloths of polysurface but now i want to make a psd network so i can make the texture. But psd doesnt work on polysurface how does i convert it to nurbs or polygon?
Or does any body know a nother way how i can fix this?

# 2 05-08-2008 , 04:53 AM
Subscriber
polysurface?

sorry i haven't used ncloth before but if i read your question right i might be able to offer an answer

did you assign a psd to the colour of the material? the same way you would do a texture mapping with the File option? (i'll assume you did)

did you hit 6 on the keyboard to turn on hardware rendering?

tried rendering the scene?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 05-08-2008 , 05:01 PM
You get a polysurface when you use the create polygon tool. The problem start when i clik on create a psd networks. I get then an error saying that it only works on nurbs and polygonal objects. Yep the material is shaded (with blinn) and hardware rendering is turn on.

However i tink if found a work around it, its by combining a polygonal object (like a plane) to my polysurface object and then seperate it. When i did it, it seems to be oke to use the psd network than. I don't know if that the best way so i'm still open for suggestions.

Ps. thanks for the quick reply

# 4 26-04-2014 , 08:51 PM
Hi all,
I created nurbs sphere and assigned lambert to it. In Create PSD Network Options, I've chosen three attributes and they appear in selected attributes section. But when I press create button following message appears: // Error: Invalid call to "filetest". Check number and types of arguments expected by the procedure. I restored default settings, but it was in vain. So, I would appreciate some help on this user added image