Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-04-2011 , 09:58 AM

batch render duplicate object

Weird problem encountered during batch render. After i rendered them, there seem to have a duplicate object appearing in the images. In my scene, i didnt have such object in it.

When i rendered the current frame, everything looks okay but when i batch render, the object appear again. Is there any solution?

# 2 05-08-2011 , 04:48 AM
I had a similar issue with a character prop.

Character was holding a bread bun parented to one of the finger joints, I then had a sausage parented to the bread bun and finally after this I had duplicated the bread to use elsewhere. The sausage was also a duplicate of a few sausages.

Any way, no idea where amongst the layers of grouping/duplicating it went wrong but my bread bun was showing a non existent duplicate in my batch renders, seemingly only after the frame at which I had duplicated it onwards...

So, if it's any help my solution was to remove the object (being duplicated in batch) from any grouping then used a parent constraint instead.

Hopefully someone has a better answer than this, Id like to know exactly what to avoid next time. I'm on Maya 2011 btw.

# 3 20-02-2013 , 10:51 AM
I had the same problem with a robot animation.

The head of the robot was duplicated in batch render where all looks fine in view port and render view.
MichaelC, your workaround might not be a permanent solution of the problem, but it worked for me in this case. Thanks

I'm using Maya 2012, but this doesn't look to be related to a specific maya version. If anyone could explain what goes wrong that would be great.