Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-06-2011 , 03:35 PM

Rig+polySurface= Character->NO!Help

Hi guys,
I try to make a character for a game. I made a rig and modeled my character. To animate an efficient walkcycle I need to freeze the transformations of the rig and the character before binding it, right? So I took their pivots to the origin and wanted to freeze the rigbones and Maya is saying that:// Error: Freeze Transform was not applied because rig2:Root_Joint.translateX has incoming connection.
because of the Controls I inserted! When I'm breaking the Connections of the translate X the function is gone!

I don't now, how to come over this problem. Maybe it's not important to freeze transformations before binding and animating?

Ps: Sorry, for my bad english, I'm german :p

Greetz